Mother of the Groom Checklist and Duties
Seeing your son get married is one of the proudest moments in a parent’s life. It’s quite an accomplishment to raise a child from a young boy to a grown man who’s now ready to take his vows. When it comes to the wedding day, details can become overwhelming. But rest assured – you’ve come to the right place. Here’s a quick reminder of the most typical responsibilities of the mother of the groom.
- Review the financial responsibilities of the groom and your family. If you’ll be financially assisting the groom, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with this list.)
- Help plan the rehearsal dinner.
- Share some advice with your son regarding marriage. There’s no doubt that you’ve learned a lot of valuable tips over the years that you can now pass on.
PRE-WEDDING & REHEARSAL
- Attend your future daughter-in-law’s bachelorette party (or at least the parts that are suitable for the mothers).
- Pick out your attire for the rehearsal dinner and ceremony.
- Attend any engagement parties or wedding showers that are being thrown for the couple.
- Attend the wedding rehearsal to receive detailed instructions about your duties for the following day.
- Receive instructions for photos you’ll be in that will be taken on the wedding day.
THE WEDDING DAY
- Share some time with your son on the wedding morning.
- If the wedding party and parents are getting dressed at a central location, be sure to arrive there on time.
- Enjoy the ceremony!
- Share a special mother-son dance with the groom at the reception.
Enjoy the day! Congratulations!